Join us for the second biennial UConn Native Plants & Pollinators Conference! Come for an exciting day of presentations featuring current science-based research and information on supporting pollinators in managed landscapes. This program is designed for growers and other green industry professionals, landscape service providers, landscape architects and designers, town commissions, municipalities, schools, and homeowners. Learn how to utilize native plants to provide the greatest value for pollinators throughout the year!
If you wish to pay by check, please click here to download the mail-in registration form.
Early registration is $50.00, by 5 PM on Friday August 30, 2019
$60.00 after 5 pm on August 30, 2019
Students $25.00 with valid school ID
The registration fee includes:
Admission to sessions
Pesticide Recertification credits (PA, 1A, 3A, 3B, 3D, 6, 10/5)
THE REGISTRATION FEE IS NONREFUNDABLE.
- Monarch Waystations, Adam Baker, Doctoral Candidate, Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky
- Asters & Goldenrods: Autumn’s Pollinator Banquet, Heather Holm, Author and Pollinator Educator, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Evaluating Pollinator Attraction of Herbaceous Perennial Nativars, Annie White, ASLA, PhD, Owner at NECTAR Landscape Design Studio & Consulting, Burlington VT
- Aronia Up Close: Built in Complexity and Potential, Dr. Mark Brand, Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture, University of Connecticut
- What We Know About Nativars, Pollinators, and the Nursery Industry: Making Informed Decisions, Dr. Jessica Lubell, Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture, University of Connecticut
Pesticide Recertification Credits - PA, 1A, 3A, 3B, 3D, 6, 10/5
If you are an individual with a disability and need accommodations:
Please contact Vickie Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 885-2826 or Alyssa Siegel-Miles at email@example.com or 860-885-2821 as early as possible prior to the event to help us ensure availability. Please be aware that advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time.
Parking is available in the South Parking Garage (2366 Jim Calhoun Way). Please bring your parking garage ticket with you to check-in for validation. See Link to UConn Storrs Campus map.
Questions about registration? Contact: Alyssa Siegel-Miles, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-885-2821.
We look forward to seeing you on October 3, 2019!